Panasonic Introduces New Augmented Reality Headup Display
Panasonic Automotive Systems of America unveiled its new Augmented Reality (AR) HUD at CES, delivering a system that combines imaging tech with artificial Intelligence (AI).
The AR HUD system projects 3D, AI-driven key information into the driver’s line of sight and key features include:
• Eye tracking technology – information is projected at driver’s level of sight based on the driver’s eye position;
• Navigation accuracy – AI-driven AR navigation technology detects and provides multi-color 3D navigation graphics that adjust with the moving vehicle’s surroundings, displaying information like lane markers and GPS arrows where turns will occur;
• Vibration control – Panasonic’s proprietary camera image stability algorithm enables AR icons to lock onto the driving environment regardless of the bumpiness of the road;
• Real-time situational awareness – Driving environment updates occur in real-time; and ADAS, AI, AR environment information updates in less than 300 milliseconds;
• 3D imaging radar – Sensor-captured full 180-degree forward vision up to 90 metres and across approximately three traffic lanes.
17 February 2021